Instructor: English/Language Arts
Phone: (919) 720-2864
Fax: (919) 375-2105
Standard Teaching Credential, K-9, Life, California
Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, California State University, San Bernardino
Graduate level: Elementary Education, School Administration
Many years of experience as an educator and administrator:
- 23 years as a public school classroom teacher (grades K-6), Mentor Teacher, Effective School Coordinator, Teacher-In-Charge, Program Quality Reviewer, Language Arts Department Chair, Presenter at California Math Teachers Conference, School Site Council President, Yearbook Advisor
- 5 years as Charter School Principal —planned, implemented, and administrated the elementary portion of the K-12 charter school, Presenter at California Charter School Association Conference
- 2 years as Director of General Administration, Lewis Center for Educational Research: Oversight of Human Resources, Finances, Facilities, & Information Technology, coordinator of planning and implementing a second charter school
- 8 years as Director of True Light Shines Academy, as well as English/Language Arts teacher.
K-12 Instructor: History, Science, Math, P. E.
Phone: (919) 744-9085
Fax: (919) 375-2105
Standard Professional Teaching License, North Carolina
Multiple Subjects Clear Teaching Credential, K-12, California
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, San Diego State University, California
Graduate level: Elementary Education
Many years of experience in the educational field:
- 18 years as a public school classroom teacher (grades 2-6), Mentor Teacher (Social Studies & Math), School Site Council, District Math Committee, Presenter at California Math Teachers Association Conference, School Improvement Committee (Math & Science), School Representative for the District Math Regional Committee, Family Math Night Coordinator
- 4 years as Curriculum Developer and Lead Trainer of teachers for partnership program between NASA & the Lewis Center for Educational Research.
- Trained teachers worldwide in radio astronomy and the use of the radio telescope so that their students would be able to operate the telescope to collect and interpret real data for NASA scientists.
- Presenter at Space in the Classroom Conference, National Science Teachers Association Conference, California Math Teachers Association Northern and Southern Conferences, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, National Charter Schools Association Conference, California Charter School Association Conferences, Science Teachers Association of Texas Conference, and Hispanic Engineering Science and Technology Educators Conference
- 4 years as Director, Curriculum Development and Global Programs – worked directly with NASA scientists overseeing the radio astronomy educational partnership. Directed all educational aspects of the partnership with various NASA missions. Responsible for negotiating, planning, and delivering contracted science education training for Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) teachers worldwide. Presenter at Department of Planetary Science Conference.
- 8 years as Co-Director of True Light Shines Academy, and full time teacher of science, history, math, and physical education.
Instructor: History & Science
Bachelor of Science, Botany, Fort Hays Kansas State College
Master of Science, Secondary Education, Biology, Fort Hays Kansas State College
Pastor Hannah Bochert
Instructor: Christian Foundations
Bachelor of Arts, Christian Education, Global University
Licensed Pastor with Assemblies of God
Elementary Teaching Assistant
Six years experience working with True Light Shines Academy K-12 students
Currently completing requirements with the NC Assemblies of God District School of Ministry to become a Certified Pastor